Friday, December 15, 2023

(#5430) Courage is a constant state of being

      The ease at which many can just ignore the hard in life is why we are in this predicament at the moment. So many choose to ignore the difficult that we all face and instead focus on their safe mundane activities to get them through. Well like the proverbial Ostrich, sticking one's head in the sand to avoid the difficult is not a solution but instead a cowering. Surely this statement of mine will once again be ignored because we who are gifted with much can't seem to find it within us to defend it for others. We have ours and that's all that matters it seems. I don't feel that way because like I just said I was gifted it not earned it.
     So fighting for freedom of choice to decide our own individual fates is my purpose for living. It is a heroic purpose and one I will always humbly work to create. I am no hero but I am no coward either. I do not unsee the truth when it is convenient or scary. I am full of the vigor of being a better person no matter what the challenge. So I carry my courage with me everywhere I go. It isn't something I pull out when the safety is assured. It is always my default position even when the conclusion is a detrimental possibility. I cannot become less than courageous based upon a calculation. I can assuage my actions to lessen danger but in no circumstance will any fear change my purpose to live as a free and strong human being dedicated to protecting the best of what all of us can become.
     Ideals are not for fools or cowards, they are for the strong and those of us convicted by a greater purpose than just ourselves. We who choose to live in the light of honor and noble purpose are what the less than noble fear the most. They would use their cruel and brutish ways to subjugate the many in the name of their own frail egos. When is the time for us to be with our courage every single moment? Right now if that is what you choose. Otherwise stick to your distractions and continue to ignore reality in real time. We don't find the precious in life by being less than worthy of it. No one can tell you to live in your courage and fight for what we all know is the best of who we are as a species but yourself.

No comments: