Sunday, December 31, 2023

(#5446) I felt like a tourist yesterday

      This was how I felt it would be when I first thought about making this trip up to Seattle. Let me say this first before I get going on my day yesterday. Driving up into Seattle on the Interstate Highway and coming into the city was as remarkable as I remembered from the past. I am sure there were more festive lights out because of the holiday season but the city was a magnificent display to behold. Nothing quite like the feeling I get when turning the corner so to speak on the highway and seeing the panoramic view the emerald city of Seattle projects. Seattle is my second home and getting here a few days ago filled me with so much welcoming.
     So when I say I felt like a tourist yesterday it was because I did touristy things. I got on a ferry boat and went over to one of the islands in the Puget Sound and visited my sister, nephews, and niece. My sister Caroline is an artist and creates beautiful resin covered ocean shore and wave type designs for wall hangings and counter top display. While there we all went out into the not small waterfront community of Poulsbo and walked the streets filled with local enterprises and a multitude of people. We stopped off at a fish and chip restaurant and had our fill of the excellent local seafood cuisine. We then walked the marina area and then headed up into more shops to admire their products.
     Afterward, when we left the bustling waterfront, we went back to my sister's place and then spent the next 5 hours having a hilarious time remembering and describing our favorite movie and gamer scenes. All in all we had a full day of fun and relaxation that I could not have scripted had I been given the opportunity. I have a few more stops to see family and friends planned and after yesterday's adventure I am l excited to experience whatever they hold. I will say this though, this type of vacationing has its own tiring out aspects and my body has yet to recover from my drive up. It is not like I am hunkered down somewhere and doing nothing but lounging. However the memories I am creating here will carry forward with me like I had hoped I can now say will absolutely be precious to me.

No comments: