Saturday, December 9, 2023

(#5424) I am now in the wind down phase of my working schedule

      The way I have my days set up for the end of my time as a storage worker is that I will not again work back to back days. Every day I work from now on I will have the next day off. My plan is to finish 2023 by winding down to 3 days of work a week with only 2 days during christmas week. That way I can get my body back to some semblance of normalcy while still helping the storage facility replace me. Working Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays will leave me a day off each day to recuperate. When the last Sunday comes around on New Years Eve I will officially finish my last day.
     When the new year starts I may go back to transfer driving immediately or take a week or two of time off before switching occupations so that I can go visit family and friends in the Seattle area. I have not been on what one would call a vacation since I don't remember when. It would be nice to have the time to do what I want when I want without the daily responsibilities of chores and duties. I will be taking Billy my long haired Chihuahua with me as company so there are some chores and duties with that but not much when I think about his company. I am not positive yet I will go but I am gearing up for that probability.
     The best part though of this storage job wind down is that I will not be working 2 days in a row any longer. When I go to work on a day it is like a Friday with a day off afterward. There is something uplifting about this kind of schedule because I still get some hours in but not the grind of doing it day after day. The money I was earning will be missed but I will still be making 3/5's of what that was at full time. My time that is left here in existence is more precious to me now so I am in a win/win situation. Plus it has been far too long for me to see some faces I have known and hope to know better and to look them in the eye will be welcome. These next few weeks will be me also getting my truck road worthy of a trip up north. From the way this post is writing itself it appears I will be making this trip.
     

No comments: