Monday, December 18, 2023

(#5433) I am no god, I am a human being

      I had the misfortune of having to endure a conversation with a proselytizer yesterday while at work. His big emphasis was to imagine a world run by jehovah's witnesses. Where all accepted this belief. His big finish was wouldn't the world be in a better place? Well let me see here. I stood there and listened and then told him that first off starting a paradigm based upon a fairy tale is your first mistake. Second expecting that all would accept being religious within one denomination is absurd. Third, fantasizing about controlling folks as a way to be human was impossible. Later he ended up telling me that I shouldn't judge him for when he judged me. I said I am not judging you, I am judging myself.
     He then said that I must think I am a god for judging myself. I said to him that judging myself is my right since I am the only one living inside my skin. Again he said I must think I am a god because I judge myself. I paused for a moment and then said that I am a human being who has the faculty to understand logic and my environment. Since I am a human being I get to judge my own existence as a consequence. I turned from him and walked away because he obviously wasn't hearing me and he continued his attempt to moan about the state of existence without a godhead to lead us. Again I left him with the fact that fairy tales are not the answer to serious questions.
     Those that try to persuade me to their religions are wasting their time. If I could find it helpful to be religious I would have chosen that path for myself but I haven't since logic won't let me. My curiosity has taught me that making things up to satisfy my own fears or wishes is of no value. I will not be persuaded to accept the illogical so that I can exist in a manufactured bubble. I need reality to focus me toward facts and hard truths that are often as uncomfortable as they are undeniably conclusive. My objectivity will not be assuaged by any false sense of safe subjectivity no matter the allure. Anyway, it is nice to know I know who I am despite the insistence of others and their illogic.

No comments: