Saturday, December 30, 2023

(#5445) A blank slate

     It is Saturday morning and I am sitting at the table with nothing on my mind. As it should be for me since I am supposed to be vacationing and relaxing as a default. So me having a blank slate about a topic for today is the message I want to convey. If you know me you know that I have opinions about just about everything yet today all I am thinking about is my time schedule for visiting my sister which includes a ride on a ferry boat. That being handled and the tickets purchased all I am concerned now about is when to leave and start moseying toward the ferry terminal in about an hour and a half.
     What am I going to do in the meantime before the leaving toward the ferry terminal? I am sitting around right now in my house lounge clothing so changing into non house sitting around lounge clothing will only take a few moments. So what else should or will I do? Finish writing my blog for the next 10 minutes or so, then what? I suppose I could gather together all I want to take with me for the trip. Still there is at least an hour left of nothing yet to fill that little bit of time with. Perhaps, nothing is what I will do but that sounds so mundane.
     What I will say however is that having the choices to do whatever is possible is a wonderful thing. Read into that whatever you will! Today is really now the first day of starting my time here as to planning and doing things. Yesterday was a day of rest and a few errands. Let the public fun begin. :) I am not a public person by choice but it seems I am overruling myself. And getting out there in this beautiful state of Washington is worthy of my putting my homebody persona to rest. What my mission was for this trip included getting to see the faces of those who are my true friends and welcoming family. I find that it is important to make human contact possible whenever the opportunity arises and thankfully I am at that point.

No comments: