Tuesday, December 19, 2023

(#5434) Don't procrastinate on helping others

      There is no time like this very moment to get done what we know is the correct thing to do. I was faced with such a choice a moment ago and chose to do the helping thing over the convenience of my time. I have been on the other end of needing help and then the promised help took so long to get to me because the other party kept waiting on the convenience of it to them. So I will not be like that other party when my part is the helping one. Generally I find procrastination just a lazy way of living. Which in some cases hurts me because I push to get things done despite the possible harm to myself. Physically speaking.
     Like when at work when I see tasks that directly help the service to our customers I prioritize those tasks to accomplish on my shift so that there is no lag to another day. My body is the one that suffers when I push too hard to accomplish my tasks before the end of shift and I feel it until I get back to work. Which is why I am tapering down from full time work to part time work. I cannot stop from being that 20 year old in a 68 year old body so I have to regulate the time I am actually putting myself into difficult physical situations. Me choosing to regulate myself by denying myself opportunities to work. It kind of makes me laugh a bit because hard choices about my instinct to produce forces me to slow down another way.
     I know when my life does end I will miss the times that I felt exhilarated in accomplishing things in efficient and productive ways. Even when I am working I am finding the beauty in how I manipulate every second and inner resource to complete what I am doing. Joy is a product of being the best of who we are and life for me is although painful too much of the time it is not so painful that I can't find the joy despite the pain. Anyway, back to not procrastinating. Like avoiding the pitfalls of doing things through shortcuts, not procrastinating eliminates lost time and as well leaves for more time for other tasks to be considered. Living in an efficient mindset free from procrastinating has few downsides and the upsides are everywhere.

No comments: