Saturday, December 16, 2023

(#5431) I like my new schedule

      I just finished my first week of limited days work. I only work 3 days a week now and it feels much better for me. When I get home at night I am invigorated because the next day is not a work day. I work Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. So no consecutive days of work for me anymore. I am getting things done at home again even though I have a pulled muscle in my back from work. I use the medicated patches and they seem to work pretty good but overall the pain won't go away until I can rest for a sufficient amount of time. Over the last 4 months this home of mine has not been attended to like it needs to be and now I can get back to those chores in a much more timely fashion.
     What is curious but understandable is that I still wake up and get moving at the same time each morning but I don't have the pressure of each day going to work. It is a psychological thing more than anything and although I still feel somewhat tired I am able to sleep during the day when I have the day off. Eventually I will catch up on my sleep and start to feel alive again such as I can. I am also going on a trip up to the Seattle area at the turn of the new year and that will be peaceful and exciting at the same time. Something I haven't done in so long that I really cannot remember the last time I took time just for myself.
     Working 3 days a week is maybe more than I want to but it is easily manageable. I will probably work my way toward 2 days a week but not yet. I need to stay active outside my home so that I keep a balance between being too introverted in my settled ways. Being out in the mix of life offers some interesting takes on how our society is functioning. I have also met some cool folks who I would miss if I wasn't out working. The 5 day a week thing is a bygone paradigm for me and I won't miss it. Even when I was young I didn't like the drudgery of a 5 day work week and even less so now. In the bigger picture I would hope that society would go to a 4 day work week so folks could have real time in their lives to do more than spend it away working.

No comments: