Sunday, December 17, 2023

(#5432) My drive up to Seattle

      Each day that arrives gives me a little bit more enthusiasm. I am getting things organized as to how the trip that I am about to make will go. Making sure that all is safe and secure here at home is foremost. Budgeting and logistics are complete so the fact of the trip is now eminent. I always in the back of my mind expect some type of obstruction at the last minute because I have lived long enough to know that reality. But nonetheless I am feeling much more likely that things will go smoothly from here on out. I have a plan that seems doable and the idea that my enthusiasm will be abashed becomes less possible by the day.
     In other words I am already imagining myself leaving my home and hitting the road for the trip up north. That feeling of being carefree and alive to what comes next is exhilarating. Imagining is one thing so when the actual moment of me leaving the driveway here is upon me the real feeling won't be just a thought. I am going to drive up and that is going to be something I have done in the past many times. I don't know how long I will take but I know myself well and at that time I will figure out my agenda. I am renting a vehicle that will give me some comfort in operating it so being on the road will not be a chore.
     Not a luxurious vehicle but sensible one and ready for the weather once I get to the cooler/colder climate. What I will do up there for now is also open for possibilities but I at least will be spending time with friends and family that are the kind of people that I admire and respect. This trip is going to be good for me and hopefully those who will get to be in my company. I spent a lot of time in the Seattle area. About 20 years. My bachelor's degree came from the University of Washington and it is an exciting time up there now. I was born in Sacramento and it will always be my home but not the only one as the Seattle area is as precious to me as my home town.

No comments: