Friday, December 29, 2023

(#5444) A day of rest for me

     I am trying to rest today and knowing I have to write my daily blog post has me struggling to come up with a topic for thought. There is lots of news to chew over like Maine blocking trump from their primary ballot and California not doing so. There is the awful missile attack Russia's putin unleashed on Ukraine last night that killed over 30 civilians throughout Ukraine. While Israel is ramping up their assaults in Gaza. But for me today there is little between the ears to make sense of. I actually am starting to feel a little better than the numbness I felt earlier but I still need to find a good sound sleep for at least a few more hours yet.
     It is a little after noon here in the state of Washington but it might as well be 4 in the morning. I forced myself to get up from bed to at least type something and then post it but I regret that there is nothing I am writing that has much value today. I drove hard all day yesterday so that I could spend a bit of time up here visiting and exploring but I now know that this day number 1 is going to be about getting back to feeling somewhat normal. I will work on that the rest of today and then hopefully tomorrow I can get out into the flow of things and stop in to see folks I haven't seen in too many years.
     I have been wanting to make this trip for so long and now I am actually here doing it. What is even more special is that the University of Washington Husky football team, out of Seattle and my alma mater, has the region up here excited by their still undefeated season and a game coming up on Tuesday January 2nd against a rugged Texas football team. The winner moves on to the championship on January 9th. I hope that both the Texas game moves us on and the game on the 9th is a undefeated culmination for our team. It is special being up here during this time regardless of the outcome but if so it would be remarkable and a memory I will hold with an even bigger grin than the one I already have now.

No comments: