Monday, January 1, 2024

(#5447) The best of who we are

      I am fortunate enough to be in the company of those who inspire and improve my outlook and creative imaginings. Wherever I go in life now is predicated on the premise of "is this good for me". I am in the stage of my life where the time I spend is precious and not to be ignored. I say this with all earnestness. I do not equivocate on my positives whether emotional or physical. You see me as who I am and not who I want you to see me as. Being the real and true who I am is just as discoverable to the world as it is to me in real time. I cannot become the better and best version of who I am unless I am willing to be purely vulnerable and willing to fight to protect whatever that is.
     All my life I have been told what is expected of me. This is your way and this is the acceptable behavior that is required. Well none of that ever set correct with me. I spent my time growing up being inquisitive about all of my surroundings. I never saw myself as one who needed or was required to be a cog in the wheel of society. Sure, I found niches that occupied my time and space within society but not as a rule. I have always had greater ambitions than those that are just confined to traditional boundaries of current knowledge. Not that I cannot combine various paradigms of thought and action into a new concepts but the ordinary and simplistic have never held my special attention.
    We all live in a complexity of emotion and doubt. Yet both need to be defined as to their meaning. So I give them both my undivided attention because for me how I feel and how I address fear and the unknown furthers my walk through time and space. I do not propel myself into a better and best version of myself without the experiences that are within and without me. I don't fear or shy away from who I am because I have discovered that no matter the circumstance or situation I am consistent on the inside and outside. Even as I remain a robotic like at times learning and evolving machine I have all my human qualities within me to mold me and assist me to grow toward that ultimate version of myself that I aspire.

No comments: