Tuesday, January 2, 2024

(#5448) What is your legacy?

      I am not sure I know what my legacy will be but I know that it has to be something that will positively endure past my life experience. I know this, it won't be selfish nor uncaring. If I was to forward a hypothesis it would be that I cared about all people and I questioned everything. How that eventually translates into a legacy focused on the how I live my life is of course yet unknown. That I am of a mind to make sure I have a legacy that is uplifting and worthy of being known is important to me and hopefully a utility to others. For anyone who would know I existed beyond my own existence is a privilege and if well lived, an honor.
     That is my hope and hopefully the hope of all of us who have a heart and a mind toward justice and equality. Being a positive influence beyond my lifespan is maybe a bit much for me to expect and certainly I don't but I will continue to strive for that nonetheless. So for me to understand the importance of leaving a legacy of some hope should be what we all would want. This is how we affect our society beyond ourselves and as well in real time. A two/fer as it were. Building our legacy while positively impacting our present time. I cannot think of a more noble way to live our lives than doing all we can for our present betterment with an eye toward beyond ourselves.
     I suppose when I started this blog nearly 15 years ago I had no idea it would have transformed into what it is now for me. This blog allows me to give a daily insight into what is going on between my ears and also builds toward an overall understanding of how I think. What I perceive as critical to the survival of our species and, our precious democracy that gives us all an opportunity to not only pursue our individual and collective happiness but add to the knowledge bank for the future of our evolving. I don't know what the future holds but if in anyway I can in some large or small way influence a betterment for our species under the freedom and liberties we all share in our democracy, then the better for me to keep at it until I either achieve my goal or get as close to it as I can before my time has ended here.

No comments: