Sunday, January 7, 2024

(#5453) Breakfast coffee and coffee cake with Judy, Karisa and I yesterday morning

      So meeting with Karisa, with Judy and I was a wonderful time. The Rusty Pelican in Woodinville was our morning meeting site and it may well be said to be a modern delectable delight. The varieties of coffee cake were offered and we settled upon the our desired temptations. I haven't seen Karisa in nearly 14 years, not since the Hall family reunion of 2010 in Lacey. So looking at each other and her being introduced to Judy we began our conversation at a comfortable table up front. The conversation was about our shared interests and those who are highly important Facebook friends. Maha Hall and Wayne Kay being the other 2 of the four musketeers types we had become with Karisa and I.
     I am trying to meet with those who have been a joy in my life and so far I am rolling right along on that front. A good hour of occupying a desired table with riveting conversation was our mission and it was a mission accomplished. We also continued our morning by driving to the Edmonds Ferry and sailed across Puget Sound to Kitsap Peninsula and continued on to Poulsbo. Meeting again with my sister and her family early on a Saturday morning got us to working in the kitchen together to make a bountiful breakfast. Peeling potatoes is important and although I did peel one potato I was quickly relieved of my duty due to inadequate production timing. :)
     Having had our fill of the delicious meal we proceeded to again talk about things that are necessary to accomplish in our own lives. Upon returning to Duvall in the evening I settled in to watch another outstanding movie that encompasses all the romance of a successful relationship with a plot that is as ordinary as a daily sunrise. My time in Seattle is coming to an end and I am starting to feel the beginning of loss. However I still have time left to experience here and staying in the moment is my best approach. No real plans for the next two days except of course watching the Husky football team go after an ultimate dream that is on the verge of becoming a reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It’s Karisa here and great post Cousin and looking forward to seeing you again a lot sooner than 14 years! However long it will be just like now as if it were just yesterday ❤️ safe journey