Wednesday, January 17, 2024

(#5463) Aging is a thing!

      What I could tell the young if they would ask. The aging process begins early for some men as noted by the losing of hair in their 20's. From there it is segued to loss of flexibility and agility in motions. In my own life I palyed basketball from the teenage years right up until my fifties and the one thing I noticed in my late 20's to early thirties was a loss of quickness and bounce to my jumping. They are slow to notice because the losses are minute at first but then in a little bit of time reflect a lessening of previous attained boundaries. As well my body lost elasticity in recovering from punishing exercise.
     The aches and pains that were barely noticeable in my youth were now becoming pronounced and longer endured. Ageing does that to a person and it is difficult to register when it is minute and consistent. I am now of an age where the difference from my youth and now is obvious and without a doubt undeniable. I wish I had done things a bit differently in my youth to help offset the not necessarily ravages of time but certainly the diminution of my physical prowess. As of yet there is no remedy for all the failings that ageing demands so being a good steward of our lives in ways that are more positive toward lessening the future effects of ageing is fruitful and wise.
     I will say this about ageing, it does not necessarily have to be historically the same as it has been in our recorded history. We human beings are an exceptional species and with the advent of logic and science we may well be able to counteract many of the decaying aspects that ageing currently enforces. I will not live to see what the future holds for the generations that come after me but the hope is that with shared knowledge and innovative creative minds the possibilities are surely boundless. Ageing is a thing now but may well be at the stage where it is about to go under its own renaissance period of evolving enlightenment.

No comments: