Wednesday, January 3, 2024

(#5449) Sleep, water, fresh air, and caution are what is needed for moving forward intelligently

      Yesterday I had some insights into things I have for the future and they seemed to be, when combined in full consideration, an overwhelming prospect. So fortunately when I feel into a deep sleep and awoke feeling refreshed I realized that my mind had already resolved my position of the combined considerations I was less than able to come to a conclusion on the previous day. So when you hear that old advice about "sleeping on it" to help clarify sometimes difficult decisions, it is true. Not that it is always that simple but often enough true that it should be a first default operating procedure.
     I was also thinking yesterday about how water and fresh air are simple cures for many things that physically ail us. Surely not all the time are they easy cures but for many simple physical concerns it seems they are. So things like sleep, water, and fresh air, the ability to turn to those to find answers to problems, are always at our fingertips. Life is hard enough when all things are considered so having in mind the simple cures to many possibilities is foresightful. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure, which is often caution for me, is also an excellent concept for those of us who are now less able to maneuver with agility and alacrity. I have slowed down from my usually quicker pace in order to keep my balance and assure myself of completing whatever task at hand I am attempting.
     So, sleep, water, fresh air, and caution, have become things readily in my control to keep me alert and able to move with the daily meaningful purposes I have enlisted to accomplish. I never used to think like this but it appears that it is quite necessary given my aging process. Both physical and mental aspects of me need to be thought about much more clearly. Allowing my environment and my adapting to it control more of how I exist I am finding a much more efficient way of continuing my life with some confidence. Sleep, water, fresh air, and caution cost me nothing and yet their value to me is becoming critically important. Life is short and I truly know that so being in the present and able to adapt to my changing physiology is well reinforced with these basic simple processes.

No comments: