Tuesday, January 9, 2024

(#5455) A very long night and day

      I left the Seattle area at about 8:30 last night and got to Sacramento at about 11:30 the following morning. I am feeling every inch of that drive in my guts and muscles. There was much to do after that concerning the return of the rental vehicle and unpacking my belongings and restoring my normal procedure after being gone for almost 2 weeks. I haven't even had time yet to take a shower but know this it is next once I finish with this blog post. I feel kind of worn out and not clean. I will say this here right now, there is nothing like standing in a shower and letting the warm/hot water rinse all the tightness and stress out of me.
     Each way up and back from Sacramento to Seattle was a bit over 800 miles and it seems that I must torture myself and drive both legs of the run straight through. I must not have the patience gene because it seems I am always in a hurry when it concerns my own time. However as tired as I am, the feeling I get when I think about spending all my time between the two hard continuous runs makes it all worth it. A lot happened in that time I spent in the Seattle suburbs so to speak but those happenings will be for a later time when more will be revealed. more personal than not however I am saving the details for something more substantial than a blog post.
     Suffice it for me to say for now that my life is better for having made the trip. It is curious at times that the simplest of ideas can become a major force within our lives. Such is the impetus here but again, not for now. I did spend a good several full hours driving in a torrential downpour on a freeway that was luckily for me mostly abandoned. yet the trickiness of the downpour made for some real exciting white knuckle driving. I start my transfer driving part time job tomorrow morning at a site much nearer to my home and the prospects of being close to home makes me feel that many more good things are about to happen for me.

No comments: