Friday, January 5, 2024

(#5451) Sitting on the couch writing this post

     Normally I am sitting at my desk writing these posts but I am not at home. Soon I will be back to my desk probably Tuesday but for now I am not so instead of sitting in a hard chair or with one with a cushion on it I am on the couch. I have wedged myself into the cushions of the couch and have my feet up with my laptop on my lap. It is definitely a different writing position but there is no ache in my backside nor hunched lean into the table. I have unplugged the power cord and am running on my battery power. I use a mouse that is attached by a cord to my laptop and it is sitting on the arm part of the couch working sufficiently well. So I am leaning back letting my fingers type away in a very comfortable position.
     None of this is important but it is unique to me. I have written a lot of blog posts from my desk, from tables, even in the front seat of my car but never with so much comfort and ease as I am now doing from this couch. Ican say that I do prefer this way even though I have to see my typing keys from an angle. My fingers however know where to go so not a problem and what little editing I have done to now is nothing out of the ordinary anyway. As to what topic I was going to give a brief account about tis morning that has not entered my mind yet. I suppose that since this post is about two thirds done now I won't be doing much regardless of the eventual topic.
     I am still on my mini vacation so it is appropriate that I do try new ways to be comfortable even when writing my blog posts. I will definitely try this again tomorrow if I am able. I will be winding up this time in the Seattle area an hour or two right after the Washington Husky football national championship game against Michigan, Monday evening. Then it is on the road back to California and my home in Sacramento. So far all has been a pleasure and with being busy reuniting with family and friends I have not had much time to immerse myself in rest and relaxation. When I do get back Tuesday I will make myself available to work on the following day of Wednesday so not much rest after the not really restful vacation. I suppose I will still be happy and having fun though so rest and relaxation will have to wait for another time. :)

No comments: