Saturday, October 6, 2018

The whitewashing of decency (#3536)

     I am not going to let this moral betrayal by the republican party get me down although my guts hurt from the kick in the gut it gives me. I felt this same thing the night of November 8th 2016 so at least I know its effect. This time though I have already known that most all republicans were ready if not eager to trade our nation's decency for some form of profit. Yet I had held out some hope that there were just enough republicans left whose conscience would overrule their pocketbook. It seems that I was wrong about that as well. I have been well aware of the republican party and its ulterior motives. For years I have been calling them out for anyone to hear, yet at this point in time I don't need to call out at all since they are showing the world just how depraved they are on their own.
     The final vote is later today and so the voting hasn't been recorded yet, but for me to hold out any hope that one or more of them will find it within themselves to hold dear our nation and not their personal gain is foolish. I have my dignity as well and will not grovel to them to do what they rightly should do as a consequence of being an elected representative of not only our people but of our better natures. They have already designed a narrative that in no universe justifies their voting for him but it seems they are satisfied enough to use it. I am disgusted beyond measure at the republican party but in all seriousness I saw this coming. They have no moral compass that guides their better natures so short of that is only their willingness to be bullied by their political party into moral depravity.
     Their narrative is incredibly insensitive as well as torturously upside down. They would have us believe that the victim is the perpetrator and the perpetrator is the victim. How they can sleep at night when their own character is being challenged by all the innocence in the world is confounding. I would have expected a few of them to hold to rational and reasoned thinking yet we are not seeing that at this point. I titled this piece the whitewashing of decency because it is a whitewashing of two sorts, the rich white man dispensation and the changing of the facts. The decency that is being whitewashed is the betrayal by republicans to call the worst of our human natures an afterthought of no significance.

No comments: