Wednesday, August 12, 2020

83 days left until the election (#4211)

     The language of the trump base is illogic and nonsense. Which is why I never waste my time talking with them. I just move along whenever they are in my proximity. I used to try to reason with them and even gave them some benefit of the doubt but no longer. It has actually been many years since I even considered talking to a rabid republican. It is always the same outcome. They cannot stand to be wrong when their minds are made up. That is the curious part. I am all for changing my thinking when a better more logical way comes along. It is my nature to evolve into something more than I already am. It is like they have arrived at a place of comfort and will not budge because it suits whatever purpose they are basing it on.
     So why bother is my motto. Life really is short if you don't know that. So why on Earth would I care about someone who doesn't care to live in reality? I need to keep my eye on them so that they don't destroy life as we know it but there is no other reason to even consider them as real. What I do instead is hone my own arguments for those who still practice reason, analysis, and conclusion as their equation for learning. In other words people like me who are still curious about all things that exist. Now let me be clear about another point as well. I want to know about things that exist, not things that don't exist. My meaning is the god thing. I live in reality and that is where my understanding is founded. Not on a magical thought or dogmatic wish lists.
     I find that being grounded in my own principles for living, which can be summed up in one short phrase, do no harm, is perfect for me to define the best of who I am with the best I hope to be. My morality and ethical life are more in tune with the good within me than the bad without. So no time for irrelevance and incoherence. Life is good when the idea of knowing and caring are the utmost in my agenda. I am not infallible as you must know by now given my penchant to scream and holler from the top of my lungs about injustice and inequity. I am also an angry man at times with those who would bully and disrespect. I am human and given that and my desire to right wrongs I can be harsh and unforgiving but that is what I would expect from myself given the nature of the foolish and heartless.

No comments: