Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Time is the real value in life (#3847)

     What we are taught for most of our lives is that money or other types of wealth are the goal in life. Well that is one lesson I have never learned because for me it goes against my nature as a human being. Now that is not to say that it goes against your nature but for me it does. I have seen how the changing of money and acquisition of wealth has affected those around me my whole life. It changes people into lesser versions of what they could have been. I accept that some chasing of money is necessary to exist and the minimum of that has been my path. That way greed and overwrought ambition has been avoided.
     The precious in my life is my soul along with my ethics and noble principles. I have been condescended to by so many that it isn't even a slight to me anymore, instead it is just another bit of evidence of those who have sold part of themselves for the glitter of gold. A sad contract. Yet eventually many do see the futility of chasing the wealth and realize that their personal lives are far more important. But still many more do not and keep chasing the wealth as far as they can go with all the time they have left.
     I don't know about any afterlife or religious beliefs to be taken into account as we live our lives but I do know I am alive now and that is all I have regardless of any faith or belief system. So I accept my human qualities for the magnificence they are and live with them as my goal in life. My humanness is beyond any other non biological prize in the Universe so chasing after wealth accumulation is absurd a goal as any. Making the most of being human is my goal and understanding my virtues of compassion and curiosity as my guiding lights has been nothing short of perfect for me.

No comments: