Wednesday, August 21, 2024

(#5680) Democratic convention day 2 plus one other thing

      So yesterday watching the democratic convention I wasn't expecting as much emotion as day 1 of the convention provided. Yet I was again proved wrong. Just watching the roll call, which was a bit redundant in that we had already approved our nominee, charged my emotions once again. It filled me with such a hope of promise of what could be possible going forward. The excitement each delegation brought to the casting of their ballots and the information they provided about their individual states and territories lifted me to a better place. Something so perfunctory was transformed into an amazing gathering of happiness and promise. But that was just the roll call. Afterwards the speeches once again like on day 1 were delivered with such enthusiasm and excitement I kept thinking that this is who we are as democrats.
     I didn't watch any of the republican convention but I have no doubt at all that their delegates were not as enthused as ours are. The reason is simple. We democrats are on the correct side of logic, compassion, and a vision for America's future. The republicans are not about inclusivity, they are about extremism when it comes to their disdain of equality. The republicans are not about opportunity when it comes to everyone having a shot at it. They are not about fairness and justice as they support as shady a character that has ever been in our political lives and feel no remorse for his inability to be honest and have empathy. The republican party has to manufacture an empty joy and we democrats are bursting with the real thing of it.
     I was expecting that the democratic convention would prove worthy of us and inform the public of what our vision is for the future. I am confident that we are doing that in a wonderful fashion. I also now expect that we will continue that upward trend today and finish stronger than ever tomorrow. It is magnificent that we democrats are so united and focused on our vision and not letting our minor differences grow into obstacles to the greater good we desire. Oh, I did enjoy my 69th birthday yesterday. Although I had greater thoughts about our political party to fill me with a gladness I haven't felt since 2020 when Vice President Joe Biden beat trump to save our democracy for the first time and now again we need Vice President Kamala Harris to do the same in 2024.

No comments: