Monday, July 6, 2020

120 days left until the election (#4174)

     I love this part. When I get to say that another block of 10 days has gone behind us. Only when I was a young child waiting for Christmas have I ever wanted time to go by so fast. Especially now that I am old you would think I would want time to go more slowly. But not with trumps! Time cannot go by fast enough. There are now only 12 blocks of 10 days left until the election. It seems so long ago when it became clear that Clinton would not be our president. The anguish and utter disbelief in those few hours on that November 8th evening will never fade from my memory nor my emotion.
     Well with this coming election I am more than ready to see the end of trump as the appointed leader and all his miscreants that he has hired to make our lives miserable. I know that the polling has been consistently against trump and I know that the same thing was with trump against Clinton. Yet this time it is different. There are no outlier polls contradicting the majority of polls and even the friendly republican biased polls show trump in a bad way. This time no one is confused about who trump might or will be. he has shown himself and so has his enablers in the Senate. I don't feel anxious or alarmed about any kind of possible complacency in our voters. Everyone is as determined to vote as I have ever seen in my life.
     Yet caution is always correct when the outcome is not here yet. I get that the worry warts who keep on about what happened in 2016 is their concern. Rightly so if it were the same dynamic. It is not. No one is fooled or complacent about voting this time. We know the statistics. that 46.9% of eligible voters didn't vote in 2016. Yet in this years primaries records have been set as to democratic turnout. We the democratic party are also planning for countering unprecedented voter obstruction by republicans at the voting booths and with mail in ballots. It seems also that the threat of Covid-19 hasn't deterred us from venturing out to vote even if it means waiting in hours long lines. This time is our time and even the polling is showing it. Do not be fooled by some who say republicans have the greater of enthusiasm. They don't, we do!

No comments: