Friday, July 3, 2020

123 days left until the election (#4171)

     The hardening of my soul happens when day after day the unworthy among us keep making our lives miserable. They are insufferable human dung waste yet they seem to have power through deception or manipulation. I am just tired of them and it is making me somewhat curmudgeon when previously I could easily smile. I know the time is coming soon for a reprieve from my anger at all things that are wrong but it is not here yet and I am still here. I remember seeing that meme about how the person wishes that the offer from her mother was still in force about her knocking her into next year if she didn't stop what she was doing.
     Waking up from a long sleep and finding out many months had passed sounds so enticing. I chuckled to myself right then, lol. I am tired to my bones over the trumps and his republican cabal of thieves and brutes. Yet I know that my tiredness is not just mine, many more of us are in the same way. I need to be here every second of every day to make sure I can find a way to fight against the worst of what is happening to us. Monday we may well get the decision about trump's tax returns from the supreme court and if we do we will know just how the rest of the year will play out. If they are released trump will lose big in the election. If not then we are in for a hard ride to defeat him.
     Already the high court is making things tough by not knocking down voter suppression laws and although we can get around those laws it is tougher and harder with the Covid-19 virus in play. Regardless though I will have to cinch up my resolve and force myself to move beyond the tired and rejuvenate my reserves for the final 123 days before the election. Time right now is our only enemy as we have trump down in the dumps for his failures as a human and as an appointed leader. So no long sleep until we defeat him and then we have to stay vigilant until the hand off of the presidency on January 20th 2021.

No comments: